"A brand-new two-colour dictionary of phrasal verbs containing unique features to help students grasp this challenging and essential area of the English language.
Encourages natural English
- Clear explanations of how to use every phrasal verb by means of grammar patterns and relevant examples
- Thousands of examples of phrasal verbs from the World English Corpus reflect English as it is used today
- Collocation boxes list the words phrasal verbs typically occur with, to help students speak and write more naturally
- Coverage of phrasal verbs used in general English as well as in business, Internet and computing contexts.
Easy to use
- The most frequent phrasal verbs are highlighted in red and graded with stars, to show at a glance how important they are for students to learn
- Menus in entries with five or more senses guide users quickly to the meaning they want
- The definitions are written in a restricted vocabulary to make them easy to understand.
- Over 100 striking two-colour cartoons illustrate common phrasal verbs, reinforcing their meaning and making them more memorable
- An index of single-word equivalents enables learners to find phrasal verbs by starting with single-word verbs which they already know
- Explanation of how particles contribute to the meaning of phrasal verbs
- Hundreds of synonyms and antonyms throughout the dictionary help build students’ vocabulary
- Information on inflections, pronunciation, stress patterns, register and derivatives widen students’ knowledge of English
- A 16-page Language Study section contains more detailed description of the pronunciation, register and grammar of phrasal verbs."
• If links don't show up, DELETE the "HTTPS://" in the address bar
• Learn how to PASS Ads here
• Download SumatraPDF Reader here for FREE!
• Links broken? Please comment to report, thanks!!