A list of 1000 common English phrasal verbs for ESL learners with sample sentences, exercises and answers. This guide for intermediate to advanced students by Matt Errey contains 1,000 phrasal verbs with 2,000 example sentences plus 1,000 quiz questions and answers. Designed to help learners of English improve their knowledge of phrasal verbs, this e-book can be used as a self-study guide by learners, or the printer-friendly material can easily be used by teachers in class.
3. McCarthy Michael, O'Dell Felicity. English Phrasal Verbs in Use Advanced
Publisher: Cambridge University Press
This new level of English Phrasal Verbs in Use is specifically designed for advanced level students looking to improve their knowledge of this often difficult area of the English language. The book includes many phrasal verbs useful to students preparing for the Cambridge CAE, CPE and IELTS examinations.
-60 easy-to-use two-page units: phrasal verbs are presented and explained on left-hand pages with a range of different practice exercises on right-hand pages.
- Presents and explains approximately 1,000 phrasal verbs in typical contexts using short texts, dialogues, tables and charts.
4. Phrasal Verbs Dictionary (Longman)
5,000 phrasal verbs, including new ones from computing, business, and the Internet. * Unique Phrasal Verbs Activator(R) helps learners choose the right phrasal verb for the context. Clear grammar patterns show how to use phrasal verbs.
5. Spears Richard. McGraw-Hill's Essential Phrasal Verb Dictionary
Phrasal Verb Dictionary
This dictionary is a compilation of 1,800 phrasal verbs consisting of either a transitive or intransitive verb and its particle or adverb.
6. John Flower. Phrasal Verb Organiser with Mini-Dictionary
In 96 units, this practice book contains 700 of the most common and useful phrasal verbs, with over 1000 meanings. Verbs are organized by particle, verb and topic and a 16-page mini-dictionary gives definitions and clear examples. There are also five tests and space for students to add verbs.
7. Collins Cobuild. Phrasal Verbs Workbook
This workbook is organized around the individual particles of phrasal verbs, rather than the verbs themselves. This enables students to perceive broader categories of meaning and so makes the task of learning phrasal verbs more manageable. The workbook focuses on the most important phrasal verbs, with around 300 different meanings being covered."
• If links don't show up, DELETE the "HTTPS://" in the address bar
• Learn how to PASS Ads here
• Download SumatraPDF Reader here for FREE!
• Links broken? Please comment to report, thanks!!